Dental Implants in Thornton & Denver CO
If you have just a couple teeth missing, you may want to replace them. However, you may not be a good candidate for dentures. But you do have another option: dental implants.
A dental implant is a high-tech replacement tooth that mimics a natural tooth. A titanium “root” is inserted into the bone and can be used to support a denture, crown, or bridge. Dental implants look and act just like real teeth. They can last a lifetime if properly cared for.
If you are missing teeth, see how an implant can improve your mouth structure and appearance.
Dental implant technology has improved in the past few years and offers many advantages over dentures and other treatments. The good news is that most patients can benefit from implants. They can eat, smile, and live their lives to the fullest with confidence.
With implants from our Thornton, CO dental office, you can avoid the complications that come with tooth loss and enjoy a beautiful, functional smile. Dental implants provide a permanent way to replace any number of missing teeth for greatly improved appearance and oral health.
Don’t live with gaps in your smile caused by tooth loss. Call our dental implant provider today to learn more about how we can help!
Implant Services: Dental Surgery and Smile Restoration in Thornton
Teeth can fail or fall out entirely for any number of reasons, from injury to tooth decay or damage. Regardless of what caused the need for extraction or the issues that compromised your oral health, dental implants successfully restore your smile, and many patients are a candidate for this beneficial procedure.
Dental implants act as complete replacements for missing teeth; they restore both the tooth root and the visible part of your tooth above the gum line. The body of the implant looks like a metal screw and is placed through oral surgery into the jawbone.
At Alpine Dental Center, Dr. Gurman provides natural-looking restorations to create a natural-looking and beautiful new smile. Dental implants provide a long-lasting alternative to other restorative treatments, and are perfect for replacing a single missing tooth, or even correcting sporadic tooth loss – where single teeth are missing from various spots in your smile.
Are Dental Implants Worth It?
While there are more steps required in the implant treatment process compared to getting a partial denture or bridge, patients report that these steps are absolutely worth the investment of their time and money. Compared to removable teeth or even bonded dental bridges, implants provide the following benefits:
- They look and feel like real teeth. Dental implants provide a sense of normalcy. They allow patients to chew and smile like normal. They are lifelike and provide full chewing power. Dental implants can be treated just like natural teeth, making them easy to use and care for.
- They last a long time. Dental implants can last a lifetime, unlike dentures and bridges, which may last around 10 years. Implants are very powerful. They are made from titanium and they integrate with the jawbone. Because they are non-toxic, they are not rejected by the body.
- They provide stability. When a tooth is extracted or falls out, it leaves a gap. Your remaining teeth will shift toward this gap, which can pull your teeth out of position. This leads to alignment issues, which can affect your smile and ability to chew. Dental implants are more stable than dentures, which require adhesives to stay in place.
- They prevent bone loss. When a tooth is missing, the jawbone in the area deteriorates. Within the first year of missing a tooth, there is 25% bone loss. This loss continues over the years. Dentures can actually increase bone loss by rubbing up against the bony ridge of the jawbone. Implants do the exact opposite, providing stimulation for bone growth.
- They prevent changes in facial appearance. If you are missing teeth, the bone loss can cause your face to sag. The lower part of your face may start to collapse, closing in the space between your nose and chin. This can lead to wrinkles and thinning lips, which can make a person look older. Dental implants prevent this from happening.
As implants become a permanent part of your dental anatomy, they are intended to last a lifetime. This lowers patients’ ongoing costs to maintain their prosthetics. While traditional bridges and partials may need to be replaced entirely at some point, the only part of your implant that would require restoration is the attached crown. In a long-term cost analysis, dental implants prove to be a cost-smart and health-smart decision that improves patients’ well-being.
Am I a Candidate for Dental Implants?
A good candidate for dental implants has the following:
- Healthy gums. The dentist will need to work closely with your gums, so you cannot have infections or other serious issues.
- Good oral hygiene. You’ll need to take care of your implants, which means regular brushing and flossing.
- No tobacco use. Smoking and tobacco use impede the process, causing issues and delays in the healing process. You should quit smoking before getting implants.
- Adequate bone density. You need to have sufficient bone density to protect and support your implants. However, there are ways to build more bone if you don’t have enough.
Learn More about Dental Implants – Contact Dr. Alan Gurman
Don’t struggle with missing teeth or uncomfortable dental prosthetics. Schedule with Alpine Dental Center and learn more about getting dental implants in Thornton, CO.