If you have ever had a toothache, you know that you want your tooth attended to quickly when it starts aching. Tooth pain can quickly interfere with your daily routine, and delaying treatment can further harm your oral health. Thanks to CEREC technology, you can now have your damaged or decayed tooth restored in a day. Here is everything you need to know about CEREC same-day crowns.
What Are CEREC Same-Day Crowns?
Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics (CEREC) is a modern digital dentistry technology that allows the dentist to create a custom-designed ceramic crown to restore a decayed or damaged tooth. The dental crown is shaped and colored to match the surrounding teeth using the CEREC technology. During the same appointment, the dentist will place your new crown.
CEREC same-day crowns are quick, durable, and convenient, serving as an efficient option for dental restorations. To design a CEREC same-day crown, all the dentist needs to do is capture digital images of your teeth, and the CEREC system will fabricate your custom ceramic crown in a single visit.
What Are Some of the Reasons You Might Need a Crown?
If you have vulnerable teeth, protecting them with a dental crown helps keep the teeth intact, preserves dental function, and prevents further oral health issues. Common reasons for crowns in adults include:
- Restoring a tooth after a root canal
- Treating severe tooth decay
- Repairing worn down or severely discolored teeth
- Completing a dental implant restoration
- Correcting broken or mishappen teeth
What Are the Benefits of CEREC Same-Day Crowns?
The CEREC technology features many advantages compared to the traditional way of crafting dental crowns. Some of the benefits you enjoy when you opt for CEREC crowns are:
- Speed: Your dentist designs and fits your custom CEREC crown on the same day, saving you time and quickly returning the full function of your bite. Follow-up visits are not necessary after your initial appointment.
- Appearance: Since a CEREC crown is metal-free, it has a natural appearance that looks like the surrounding teeth.
- Safety: The CEREC technology uses ceramic to make the crowns. The crowns have no metal, are biocompatible, and are safe for all people.
- Affordability: Same-day crowns are often a cost-effective option because they do not require laboratory expenses or costs associated with follow-up appointments.
- Comfort: Manual impressions can be uncomfortable and leave a bad taste in the mouth. Digital impressions, however, do not require goopy impression material.
- Strength: CEREC crowns are sturdy and resistant to abrasions, which adds to their durability.
How Long Do CEREC Same-Day Crowns Last?
Like traditional crowns, same-day crowns can last between 12 and 15 years. CEREC crowns can last even longer with proper dental care.
To keep the CEREC crowns in top condition, you should maintain proper oral hygiene, avoid a high-sugar diet, and continue visiting your dentist semiannually for routine preventive care.
If you can’t wait weeks for your dental restoration, CEREC same-day crowns may be an ideal choice to return the strength and aesthetics of your smile. CEREC crowns are a long-lasting and natural-looking alternative to traditional crowns, without the need for unpleasant dental impressions. CEREC technology offers a convenient option for patients seeking immediate oral health solutions, whether you want to repair a damaged tooth or cap a dental implant. If you’re interested in same-day crowns, consult with your dentist to learn if this innovative treatment could be right for you.The post Everything You Need to Know About CEREC Same-Day Crowns first appeared on Dental Signal.